WHY Is Goal Setting the Key to Success?
Many a time you may have heard parents or elders in your house saying set a goal in your life if you want to achieve success. You may not have listened to them then, but have regretted later. Setting goals and accomplishing it is the only way to achieve success. There is no second way.
Setting a goal gives you all the emotional support to move forward in life to achieve success. Many factors play an essential role to achieve success. Motivation, optimism, pertinence, determinations, actions, confidence, faith, attitude and predicting capability all play a significant role when setting goals and in the process of achieving the goals. You can dream, and it is only you who can fulfill your dreams. Dreaming gives you the motivations to achieve success.
- When you set a goal, you have some purpose in life. Further, you must update your goals constantly to keep pace with life. If you do not update your goals constantly as you progress, then you will lose track of your way and end up diverting from your road to success.
Therefore, the point is that even if you have a huge goal to achieve in life, you have to break it up into several small steps. These small steps are your everyday goals, which only if you achieve can bring you the huge achievement that you set in your life. Thus, it is all about strategic planning and management.
- Accomplish small goals every day. To begin with, note down these small goals on a notepad, look, and visualize it every day, Think of innovative ways on how you can achieve these small goals. Take the necessary action and focus on the work you are doing. Be optimistic of the results. If you do these, they are on the right path.
It is also necessary to set deadlines as it helps you to achieve the goal within a certain time. Otherwise, you leave it for long and divert midway. Some people set goals that are not achievable. Avoid such mistakes as trying to achieve these types of goals are only a waste of time and confidence. You must know your strengths and weaknesses before you set a goal. Knowing your potential is very important when trying to achieve the desired goal.
Thus, goal setting and following it strictly is an important step to achieve success in your life. Without a goal, your life is a waste.
How to Set a Goal Successfully
Goal setting and planning are the two essential factors to get the results you desire. Making up your mind is the primary step when you want to achieve something. You may work hard throughout the day, but if you do not have the focus, that end goal, all your hard work goes to waste. Even though you can find many resources over the Internet on how to set a goal, but it is a personal experience that teaches you better than any books or resources. However, still, here are some tips on how to set a goal that will help you to some extent.
- First, you have to be an optimistic person to achieve your goal. You have to hop for the positive and keep faith in you. If you have any doubts, write them down in a piece of paper and try to come to a solution. If you cannot find the solution yourself, then take help of close ones or those who have expertise in the niche.
- Second, you have to visualize your wanting. Visualizations can instill confidence in you and only then you will have the “Go and Get it” attitude. Visualizations bring you closer to your wanting. You also need to visualize your steps to get the desired results. Analyze the risks involved in the tasks as well as the benefits involved. You must know the ratio between the benefit and risk.
- Third, jot down your goals on a piece of paper. You must write both your short-term goals as well as long-term goals. For example, if you want to complete a certain task tomorrow, write that down and write the goal you have set after a year. Write everything in a proper table format. Haphazard writing will make you more obfuscated in your daily life and you will end up diverted from your goal. Therefore, write down everything neatly so that anyone can understand by just looking at it.
- Finally, take action. Only if you set the goal without taking any action, it leads nowhere. Hence, take the actions that will make you reach closer towards your goal. Think positively and take positive steps. However, before taking any step, analyze the situation once again as to whether that step is appropriate or not.
To top it all, enjoy the work you do while reaching towards your goal. That way you will not feel the pressure and even reach your goal happily.
Reasons for Not Achieving Desired Results
All of us have some goal in our lives or the other. It varies from one individual to the other. Earning money, losing weight, getting a contract, getting back with ex-boyfriend are some common goals set by people in their daily lives. Some people achieve their targets easily while others do not achieve their goals even if they try for many years. There may be some reasons for not achieving the desired results. Listed below are some reasons as to why people do not get success.
- Procrastinating is one of the major reasons why people do not achieve their desired goals. It often happens that you dream of something, but never set into action to achieve your dreams. Alternatively, even if you chalk out a plan, you constantly push it back day after day giving some excuses. Moreover, when you start the action, you find it is too late. Thus, you end up losing to achieve your dream forever.
You do not achieve the goals set, as you do not have a foolproof plan. Even though it may seem perfect to you, but in reality, it is not. This is because when you chalk out the plan, you make it standing from your plan. You do not think of what is going to happen when you reach the goal. Thus, the plan is one-sided. Therefore, when you work on the plan and move ahead, you have to update your plan continually as your progress towards your goal.
- You spend most of your time thinking about the problem and fearing the problem. Instead of spending this time wondering, work out for a solution to the problem. Seek the help of others, if needed. However, do not let others pacify you in this time rather seek solutions from them.
When the slightest of things do not work in your favor, you obfuscate everything. Obfuscations lead to complicated situations and do no good. Therefore, be calm during these times, only then things will start working in your favor again.
- Do not set for something less deserving. Once you do that, you tend to divert from your goal and take wrong decisions further ahead in life. You start feeling that you are not capable of achieving any higher dreams.
A majority of people does these mistakes and do not achieve the results they desire. Therefore, do everything keeping a calm and optimistic mind.
Set a Goal to Get the Desired Results
Many people want to achieve success without putting in any effort. However, they may appear to succeed for a short time, but in the long run, they are bound to fail. One can only achieve success through sheer hard work.
Setting a goal in life is essential for a person who wants to be successful in life. To be successful in life, first, you have to do is set your priorities straight. You need to know exactly what tasks you want to give more importance. After you set your priorities, chalk out a time table where you can write down the daily work you have done. This will make you more systematic in setting your goals.
- Next, focus on the task you are doing. Generally, it happens that you end up losing focus on a task if you work on it for long hours. It is not your fault, it is a habit of human beings or we can say that it is a state of the human brain. Therefore, it is advisable to take short breaks in between the tasks to keep your brain focused on the task. Also, do not keep tasks pending, as when they pile up, you tend to divert from the goal.
Take actions when obligatory. Imbibe decision-making capabilities in yourself. This is a very important factor to get the desired results or achieve success in life. If you fear to take any risks or actions when it calls for, then possibilities are you may divert from the goal that you set. To achieve success, you have to undertake certain risks at times. If you undertake the risk and do not succeed, then many people lose all hope and sets into a depression state. However, you must always have faith in yourself to do better next time. Also, when undertaking a risk, keep a second back up a plan to enforce that can help you to come out of the situation if you do not succeed.
- Thus, reaching your goal is all about your planning and actions are taken. It is easy to get the desired results if you have a proper plan to execute. Set your eyes and heart for something to get it. The craving from the heart that can give you the thing you want. Therefore, it is imperative to listen to your inner voice while out to achieve the desired results.
Tips on Goal Setting
Are you frustrated when nothing works out in your favor? Do you get depressed when you do not achieve the desired success? When you do not get the results you desire, then you tend to look for tips everywhere that can help you to achieve your goals.
Here are some strategies that you can apply to set your goals and get the desired results.
- To achieve your goals, visualize your dreams and goals. Dreaming your goals will give you the willingness to fetch the goal. Generally, a person who does not dream has no goals in their life. Therefore, dreaming is the start of your realization of your goal.
- Think of the steps you can take to achieve your goal. Consulting others might help you a little, but ultimately you have to take the decision yourself. This is because you know yourself the best. Others can just guide you on which are the right ways, but you have to know the best way suitable to you to achieve goals.
- Next, do not promise anyone but yourself to achieve the goals when you have found the right way to start. Promising others often leads to breaking of promises, but if you promise yourself, then your inner voice constantly reminds you of the promise.
- After promising, sketch out a timetable that you wish to follow. However, it is advisable to change the routine when boredom sets in. Changing timetables will give you more energy and a new outlook to start afresh with a positive mind. Moreover, changing timetables also lets you find your previous faults and shows you a better and right way. The timetable should also reflect the time you are taking in doing certain work. Say, if the timetable says that you have to complete a unit of any subject in 30 days, then you must do so. Time is an important factor when desiring results.
Think of innovative ideas to make your goal achievement process easier. Innovative methods will also give you the energy to complete tasks.
Keep optimistic about your dreams. Optimism plays an important role in getting results. The more optimistic you are, the faster you are likely to reach your goals. An optimistic attitude motivates you to get the desired results and shows you the right way to success.
Finally, be dedicated to the work you do. Dedication can bring a lot of accuracy to your work and make it perfect.
Thus, follow these tips firmly to set your goals and reach the point of success.
Always believe in yourself, even if nobody does anymore and don’t give up the fight for your dreams!
With love and respect,